ASUS RP-N12 N300 Asus Wireless-N300 Range Extender / Repeater / Access Point / Media Bridge
Asus Wireless-N300 Range Extender is an excellent three in one extender which we can use as a repeater, Access point and a media bridge. The Asus RP-N12 repeater has powerful external antennas that help to eliminate dead zones and improve the coverage of your wireless router. Asus repeater comes with good design and a one-press WPS setup. The Asus repeater can find the best location with advanced signal indicator and roaming assist which helps you to automatically switch to stable connections. Let’s start ASUS RP-N12 N300 setup:
Asus Wireless-N300 Range Extender Setup with WPS button
Asus repeater can be easily set-up with a one-press WPS button. You can only use this method if your router supports WPS. If your router doesn’t support WPS then use the next method.
- Plug your RP-N12 repeater into an Electrical outlet, it should be near your router.
- Please wait until the Wi-Fi LED starts to blink green.
- Locate and press the WPS button on your router.
- Press the WPS button on your Asus N300 repeater.
- The Wi-Fi LED blinks for about two minutes and then turns solid green or red.
Note: Colour of the LED denotes the Wi-Fi signal strength
- Relocate the Asus RP-N12 N300 repeater to an ideal location which is halfway between your wireless router and no signal zone.
- Enjoy browsing the internet in your comfortable spot.
Asus RP-N12 N300 Range Extender Setup with Web browser
Asus repeater can be set-up with a Web browser to configure Asus repeater RP-N12 by visiting the link http://repeater.asus.com. We can do the setup with the following steps.
- Plug your Extender to an Electrical outlet.
- Make sure whether the Extender is nearer to the router.
- Please wait a few seconds to blink the extender Wi-Fi LED to blink green colour.
- After Disconnecting your Ethernet connection. Check Wireless networks from any device, such as your Smartphone, Desktop, Tablet, etc.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network named ” ASUS_RPN12 ” or similar to this name.
- After connecting, Open any web browser and enter ” http //repeater.asus.com ”
Note: Fill the fields of your username and password as” admin “.
- Follow the instructions you see online to complete the Asus RP-N12 N300 repeater setup.
- Relocate your RP-N12 repeater for the best and efficient performance halfway between the router and the place where you need internet.
- Now you can use your extended network using default settings connect to the extended SSID and type the Password.
Asus RP-N12 Extender Setup as Access Point Mode
Asus RP-N12 range Extender can be used as an Access point which is a built-in feature on Asus Wireless-N300 Extender.
- Power the Asus Extender using an Electrical AC outlet.
- Connect Extender to your router using an ethernet cable.
Note: Good quality Ethernet cable Recommended.
- Login into your Asus repeater via repeater.asus.com
- Select the mode option in the Menu and select the AP mode.
- Enter the SSID and Password you want to create for your Asus Access Point.
- Now with your repeater, a Wireless hotspot is created.
- This Hotspot can be accessed through any gadgets such as desktop, laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
Asus Wireless-N300 Range Extender Media Bridge Mode
Asus Extenders are always much advanced than other Extenders with some features like Roaming assist or can be used as an Access Point. The most advanced feature of all these is Asus N300 access as media bridge mode. You have two ways to connect, using an Ethernet connection or wirelessly.
You can connect different gadgets like smartphones, tablets, laptops, and DVR. Now, You can even connect to the latest gaming consoles, smartphones, and Blu-ray players. Most of the Extenders at this price point not equipped with such features and Asus takes a great leap with this feature. This way we can reduce the mess by cable wires and make your system more attractive as well. Unlike Access Point this mode only help users to share and access various media content to many devices. We can go through Media Bridge setup now.
- Connect your router to the Asus Extender.
- Now connect your Extender to the device via Ethernet or via wireless with SSID name ASUS_RPN12
- After successfully connected, Open any web browser.
- Enter URL repeater.extender.com and open the link.
- Please wait a minute.
- Locate the top right home icon in blue background.
- Now login as “admin” and “admin” as your username and password.
Note: If you’re accessing first time, then change your password.
- In the left side menu, select administration.
- Now select the Media bridge model from the webpage.
- Save and select the Wi-Fi Network to be connected.
- Enter the Password and select connect.
- Please wait a few seconds and you can use your Asus repeater as a Media Bridge.
- Click here to download Asus RP-N12 N300 Repeater Pdf Manual.