Features of Asus AC1900 Router | RT-AC68U
The Asus AC1900 Router RT-AC68U setup can be done via http asus router com to access loads of interesting features. To begin with, it is an Ultra-fast 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi router. This essentially means that your speed can be increased to 1900mbps easily which is three times faster than other routers. The Asus Router RT-AC68U comes with a dual-core processor and five gigabit Ethernet ports. This provides you with a fast, stables and responsive connections.
This Router RT-AC68U also comes with an AiCloud, so you can sync multiple devices, share, and stream from anywhere in the world. Further, it has an Intuitive Asus router App so you can access and control your network from anywhere. The Intuitive Router App is available on both Android and iOS.
It also has a USB 3.0 (apart from USB 2.0) port that facilitates 10X faster data transfers. And finally, if you want to create your own home Wi-Fi network, you can easily do that by connecting to other compatible ASUS Routers because Asus AC1900 Router RT-AC68U is AiMesh supported. You can even create a Guest Network with it or use its Parental control feature.
How to Setup Asus Router AC1900 using web GUI router.asus.com
Setting up the Asus AC1900 Router RT-AC68U requires you to follow a few quick and simple steps.
- Before anything else, you need to make sure the router is turned on and the LED light is also on and not blinking. So the LED light needs to be stable.
- Next, connect your computer to the router either by a wired or a wireless connection.
- For wireless connection go to your wifi list and connect to Asus SSID written on the back of your router.
- A wired connection can be done by running an ethernet cable from your router LAN port to your computer or laptop.
- When you login to the Web GUI http://router.asus.com for the setup for the very first time, it takes you to the AC1900 Router RT-AC68U Setup page.
- Now you need to enter the IP address of the router in the browser. You can use any web browser like Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Alternatively, you can try typing router.asus.com in the browser in case you do not know your IP address.
- Enter your router’s username and password on the login page. (The default username and password is the admin for Asus router login)
- In case you do not know the username or password, you need to restore the router to the factory default status. A factory reset can be performing by pressing and holding the hardware reset button for atleast 8 seconds on the router.
- Follow the On-screen steps on the router asus com to configure the settings of your Asus AC1900 RT-AC68U Wireless Router.
Why is Asus RT-AC68U not connecting to the internet?
Is your Asus router not working? There could be a lot of reasons why the Asus RT-AC68U not connecting to the internet. Follow the below-given steps to resolve your no internet router issue:
- Something as simple as your device and its components not being plugged properly.
- Before trying to fix the issue, you should power off the Asus router for a minute and then turn it back up again.
- Another simple issue why your Asus router is not connecting to the internet can be that it is overheating. For the same, try the solution provided in point 2.
- One of the most common issues for internet connectivity with a Asus router can be an IP conflict. It may be that your modem and Asus router do not share the same IP address. In such a case, your Asus router will not connect to the internet.
- To fix the problem, open your web browser, type in 192.168.1.1 and press enter. Login using your username and password. Choose LAN from the menu and replace your IP address with 10.0.0.1 and subnet mask with 255.0.0.0 and apply the changes.
- Outdated firmware is also an overlooked reason when it comes to the Asus RT- AC68U not connecting to the internet. In such a case, you need to update Asus router firmware and your device will connect to the internet.
- Finally, if none of this works, you may need to perform a factory reset of your Asus router and it should start working again.
- If you are still not able to connect to the internet with the router, then it might be time to replace your router.
How to login to the Asus RT-ac68u router?
Logging into Asus is quite easy. You can login Asus router RT-AC68U by performing the below mentioned steps:
- Enter your IP address for the router in the web browser and press enter.
- If you forgot your IP address try the web-based GUI i.e. http router.asus.com.
- A dialog box will appear which will ask for your username and password. The default username and password for Asus routers is admin.
- You will now be logged into your router.
In case you do not remember your password, then you will need to reset your Asus router.
This can be done by pressing the power button on your router for at least 8 seconds. After this you will be able to login to the Asus RT-AC68U router using the default username and password.