ASUS LYRA TRIO (AC1750) WI-FI MESH SYSTEM
Asus Lyra Trio AC1750 is a dual-band, whole-home wireless mesh system. It comes with a network of 3 hubs connected to each other wirelessly. These 3 hubs cover a range of 5400 sq. ft. and helps you with a fast and smooth network even in multi-story buildings. These multiple hubs connecting together work as a single network and switch your device with the strongest signal hub when you move around the house. Asus Lyra trio home wifi system also comes with ethernet backhaul which helps you to connect your devices over a wired connection. It is designed to completely eliminate Wi-Fi dead spots in your home.
Asus Lyra trio map-ac1750 Features
- It comes with a unique pyramidical antenna design that downscale hindrance and transmits the signal in all directions which helps it in better performance in multi-story homes.
- Also, equipped with 3*3 multiple-input-multiple-output antenna that helps it to handle more traffic when multiple devices are connected simultaneously.
- Have a cloud-based advanced security feature that protects your privacy on all connected devices. It also identifies and blocks down malicious websites.
- The Lyra Trio can be integrated with Amazon Alexa and you can give instructions as per your need.
- It has a Parental Control feature with website blocking, scheduled access, and content filters which helps you to protect your family from infelicitous content.
- It has a dedicated guest sharing network with a unique name and password to protect your primary network and keeping it private.
- Also, has a 24/7 automatic firmware update feature to keep the network running smoothly and securely.
- Can provide you with a maximum speed of 1300 Mbps.
HOW TO INSTALL ASUS LYRA TRIO AC1750
The Lyra Ac1750 setup is very easy and you just have to follow the given steps:
- Connect the Lyra Trio device to the modem via Ethernet cable and connect both modem and Lyra Trio to the main power supply via the power adapter provided.
- Careful placement of each Lyra Trio is a must as it directly impacts the Wi-Fi performance. Place your trio at the places so that it covers most of the area of your house.
- Switch on the power supply and wait until the LEDs turn to solid white to ensure it is ready to install.
- The installation is done and it’s ready to be set up.
HOW TO SETUP ASUS LYRA TRIO AC1750
The installation of Lyra Trio Mesh System can be done using 2 methods:
METHOD 1: USING MOBILE APPLICATION
- Firstly, download the free ASUS Lyra Mobile Application.
- Launch the ASUS Lyra application on your mobile device and then you just have to follow the instructions on the application.
- The application will automatically start scanning the Lyra devices nearby and will connect to the main Lyra mesh node.
- Create your own Administrator login account and password and then initiate the internet connection between the mesh and the modem. The process is automatic.
- Then it will allow you to create your network by asking you to create an ID and password for the secure network.
- Finally, to connect other Lyra nodes to the network you have to Click the ‘+’ button on the top right corner of the application and repeat the above steps.
- You can also connect another Lyra by pressing on the Pairing button on the Primary Lyra until the LED starts to blink green light and then pressing the Pairing button on the second Lyra waiting until LED blinks green light, then turns solid cyan indicating pairing process is complete.
- Once you are done connecting all the nodes, Click on END Set up. And then wait until a solid blue light appears.
- The installation is done and you are good to go.
METHOD 2: USING WEB BROWSER VIA ROUTER.ASUS.COM
- Firstly, please connect your Lyra Trio node to your PC/NB (wired or wirelessly), then open your browser and go to http://router.asus.com/ to enter the Web GUI for Quick Internet Setup.
- Click Create a new Lyra network
- Create your own administrator login account and password, then click Next
- Select your internet connection type.
- Create a Wi-Fi SSID and password for the Lyra Trio.
- Once you have completed your Wi-Fi setting, wait until a solid blue light appears which indicates the Lyra Trio node is now ready.
LED LIGHT STATUS LYRA TRIO AC1750
Solid White: Lyra Trio is ready for set up. It will start blinking when setting up with the mobile application.
Light Cyan: Everything is good.
Red: Low connection to the primary Lyra Trio.
Yellow: Low connection to the internet.
HOW TO RESET ASUS LYRA TRIO HOME WI-FI SYSTEM
To RESET a single Lyra Trio node:
- Press the Reset button until LED blinks Yellow then release the Reset button.
- The LED color will eventually change from a flashing yellow light to blink in blue. A solid white light shows that the reset process is completed.
To RESET Lyra Trio device through Web Interface:
- Make sure your NB/PC is wirelessly connects to the Lyra Trio device’s Wi-Fi
- Open your browser and use http://router.asus.com, to enter the Web interface.
- After logging in to the Lyra Trio Web interface, you can reset primary Lyra Trio node by clicking on Administration and then clicking on Restore Settings.
- A solid white light on the Lyra Trio indicator shows that reset process is complete.
To RESET whole Lyra Trio Network:
- Firstly, open up ASUS Lyra app and click on the Options logo
- Select on your Lyra network to access network settings.
- Click on the Trash Bin icon next to the Lyra network.
- Confirm the request by selecting Yes
- On your Lyra Trio nodes, press and hold the Reset buttons until the LED shows a flashing yellow light.
- Repeat the last step on all Lyra Trio nodes.
- Lastly, a solid white light on the Lyra Trio indicator shows that the reset process is complete.
HOW TO UPDATE FIRMWARE OF ASUS LYRA TRIO MESH-SYSTEM A1C750 3-PACK
- First and foremost, in the Lyra app, go to Settings.
- Click “Firmware update” and the app will check if new firmware is available.
- If new firmware is found, apply the settings. It will take about 3~5 minutes for the firmware update to complete.
- Finally, the update process is complete when all Lyra nodes show a solid blue light.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where to place trio nodes for the least amount of interference?
Ans: The optimal distance between the routers is about 10-15 meters. So, try to place the routers evenly across the floor and if possible, in clear line of sight for a better connection.
What Alexa commands does my router supports?
Ans: It supports a number of Alexa commands. You can check the list on https://www.asus.com/in/support/FAQ/1033393
What is a dedicated wireless backhaul?
Ans: It is a mechanics that helps your system to get the best connection between each node.
Can I add more than the original 3 nodes it comes with?
Ans: Yes, more than 3 nodes can be add as per the procedure given above to connect the extra node.
Asus Lyra trio ac1750 Review
Lyra Trio PROS:
- With features like Parental Control, Time Scheduling, Guest Network, etc, The Lyra Trio is good in the deal package which provides you with good and smooth internet.
- It comes with lifetime security protection which means it provides security coverage for the life of the product.
- If an infected device is connected to the network, Lyra Trio automatically detects and blocks it keeping your personal data safe from being compromised.
- Banish Wi-Fi dead zones and AiMesh supported.
Lyra Trio CONS:
- Sometimes the internet connection freezes. Everything looks fine but the connection won’t work. Disconnecting the device from the system and reconnecting it will fix the issue but this might happen multiple times a day causing disruptions.
- Another issue is sometimes the nodes are not accessible in the ASUS Lyra mobile application which means it gives a mixed performance in mesh system but using a single node works fine.
Conclusion: Lyra Trio is a Wi-Fi mesh system that is economical and provides smooth internet connectivity. Issues won’t arise if you keep your firmware updated.