ASUS AC2900 Wi-Fi Dual-band Gigabit Wireless Router (RT-AC86U) setup
This guide aims to help you to understand the process of ASUS AC2900 Router (RT-AC86U) setup with different steps. To perform the said task, here are the steps that you must follow sequentially.
ASUS AC2900 Router (RT-AC86U) Setup with Web GUI router.asus.com
The user is required to follow the below step to login into the web GUI listed below:
- Before logging in to the router web GUI, the user needs to make sure that the router is powered and LED light is on. The user also needs to connect the computer to the router.
- After such, the users have to enter the router address in the browser. If the user doesn’t know the IP address, he or she should type http://router.asus.com in the available browser.
- In case, if the user forgot the router IP, please refer to the Asus Device Discovery Utility to discover the IP address based on the operating system in use.
- The ASUS Wireless Router makes use of the web-based interface that facilitates the user to configure the router by any web browser like Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Now, enter the required credentials like username and password on the login page. The default value for username and password are- (Default username and password: admin)
Note:The user needs to understand the fact that default username and password are used to login to the setting of the router page and these are not your SSID and password to connect to the router.
- Selecting your Internet Service Provider type and giving SSID and Password to your router is all left to do in these steps. Follow the instructions to complete the Asus AC2900 configuration.
ASUS AC2900 Router (RT-AC86U) setup Instructions via Quick internet setup or 192.168.1.1
- The first thing is to plug in the power adapter to the router for ASUS AC2900 Router setup.
- The user needs to link the modem to the WAN port of the router and plug in the modem adapter.
- Now, the next essential step is pressing and holding the reset button available in the router for about 10-20 seconds to reset the router.
- The users have to open the web browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar. Press, “Enter” on keyboard.
- In the next step, the user can see the Windows security option available, and the user needs to enter the username and password in the field provided.
- Choose “Quick Internet Setup”—–>Change the default password by creating new——->Select next and select the Wireless Router mode.
- Now, the user needs to select the connection type for the Internet Service Provider. Mostly the router detects the ISP type automatically.
- Choose “Next “from the option and enter the Network name or SSID and its Password. Now, click over the Finish button after reviewing the information available in the Wireless Network Connection.
How to login to the client list in ASUS AC2900 Router?
- The user can check on the client list to find out how many clients connects to the router.
- Click the button “View List” that opens the new page and the user will be able to discover more information regarding the clients. The user needs to filter the device through the Client’s name/IP address. The user can then store the client list in the form of excel file by clicking on the Export option available at the bottom of the page
- Now click the icon. The user can discover the status available for every device on the right side of the network map page.
- Now click the client icon and can do more settings for the client such as changing the client name and icon.
RT-AC86U router firmware update?
Below are the steps needs to be followed by the user
- There is a need to check if there is any new version of the firmware.
- Download the appropriate version to the local machine.
- Specify the pathname of the file in the [New Firmware File].
- Choose the upload option for uploading the file to the RT-AC86U.
- After choosing the appropriate firmware file, the RT-AC86U will automatically upgrade the process.